High Protein Carbonara
Can’t complain having carbonara at under 500 calories.
• 400g Chicken breast, thinly sliced
• 200g smoked bacon medallions
• 360g spaghetti
• 100g mushrooms, sliced thinly
• 60g grated Parmesan
• 2 whole eggs
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1⁄2 head fresh parsley, chopped finely
• 1 tbsp olive oil
How do you do it?
1. Bring a large pan of salted boiling water to the boil, and a large frying pan to a medium hot heat.
2. Pop the spaghetti (unbroken!) into the salted boiling water, it will soften and sink and cook perfectly. 10 minutes, or until just before al dente – as it will cook a little more later.
3. Fry the bacon in the oil for 2-3 minutes until firmed, then remove from the pan and add in the chicken. Fry for 5 minutes, turning often, until starting to brown.
4. Put the mushrooms and garlic in the pan for another few minutes until they start to soften, then chop up the bacon and throw it back in the pan.
5. Whisk your 2 eggs together with a pinch of salt and set to the side.
6. Now the spaghetti should be ready – drain it off but keep
the pasta water!
7. Take the frying pan off the heat and thrown in the spaghetti with a spoon or two of pasta water, stir it all through.
8. Now put the whisked eggs and cheese on top, stir it
through again – it should start to look silky!
9. Stir through the parsley and check the consistency – don’t be afraid to add more of the pasta water.
Fat: 13 g
Carbs: 29.4 g
Protein: 63 g